Taipei, Taiwan, 31st August 2013 – GIGABYTE, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware and system has been already known for famous eSports events. In partnership with NVIDIA, GIGABYTE today announced the Summer Cup for DOTA 2, with a $ 1,500 total cash prize purse. GIGABYTE has partnered with Rapture Gaming Network, one of South Asian premier eSports organizers, to initiate and run the online tournaments. The 1st country qualifier will begin on Tuesday 10th Sept, 2013.
“GIGABYTE has always been committed to delivering the very best to gamers. By teaming up with RGN for DOTA2, GIGABYTE is supplying the very top-of-notch hardware right where it’s needed, giving gamers an completely immersive gaming experience,” said Eddie Lin, GIGABYTE Graphics Cards Sales & Marketing Division Director.
“We’re really excited to be bringing GIGABYTE Summer Cup to the RGN community,” said Herman Ng, Founder of Rapture Gaming Network. “The success of the RGN Dota2 tournament this year really showed us the true potential of the GIGABYTE Summer Cup. We can now make the DOTA2 community very happy with GIGABYTE supporting top quality hardware and cash prizes. This will be an absolutely massive tournament that you should not miss!”
Having concluded ‘The International 3’, we are very sure that you gamers are still itching for more DOTA 2 action! This is your opportunity to showcase your skills & talents regionally and win some stunning hardware prizes!
- 10th September Onwards
- Country Qualifiers: Single Elimination Best-of-1
- Main Round: Single Elimination Best-of-3
General Information & Rules:
Streaming: No streaming is allowed except for RGN’s authorized streamers. Streamers who wish to stream the games are to drop us an email at [email protected] by 4th September 2013.
Brackets: Will be released 30 minutes before the first round starts.
Team leaders are to join the Dota 2 channel ‘Rapture Gaming Network’ with team tags on your nickname. You may look for your opponent there. Should an opponent not respond after 15minutes of the stipulated schedule, the team may claim a forfeit win.
The winning team has to report their match result in the Dota 2 channel ‘Rapture Gaming Network’.
Teams named first in the brackets will be playing as the Radiant side, while the latter the Dire side. Picks will be random.
Mode: Captains Mode
Server: Singapore server (default).
Spectators Mode: OFF
- 1st Place: 1,000 USD
- 2nd Place: 500 USD
- More Gaming Hardware for Lucky Draw:
- GIGABYTE Aivia Osmium Mechanical Keyboard, Aivia Krypton Dual-chassis Gaming Mouse & GV-N760OC-2GD Graphics Cards
- Registration Period: 31st August 2013 to 8th September 2013.
- Registration is free of charge and on a first register first serve basis. However, registered teams with at least 1 RGN Premium Member (www.rapturegaming.net/en/upgrade/plan) will be given priority slots. All players will need to have a free RGN member account in order to register successfully.
- To register for the GIGABYTE DOTA2 Summer Cup, check the following major rules and details, or just to watch the detailed action, please visit: http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/
- Registration/Online Qualifier Schedule: all qualifiers start at 8.30 PM to 11.30 PM (GMT+8) in September 2013
- Singapore: 10th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_singapore
- Malaysia Qualifiers: 12th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_malaysia
- Indonesia Qualifiers: 13th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_indonesia
- Philippines Qualifiers: 17th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_philippines
- Myanmar Qualifiers: 19th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_myanmar
- Thailand Qualifiers: 20th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_thailand
- Vietnam Qualifiers: 24th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_vietnam
- Rest of Asia Qualifiers: 26th Sept / http://www.rapturegaming.net/league/gigabyte_dota2/registration_rest_of_asia
(restricted to Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Laos & New Zealand)
- Main Round (16 teams): 28th & 29th Sept at 12pm onwards (GMT+8)
- The top 2 teams from each qualifier will proceed on to the Main Round (16 teams).
- *Note: Team INA (Indonesia), Battusai (Philippines) & Dreamz (Philippines) will be barred from this tournament.
|Supported by:||Conducted by:|
The organiser reserve the rights to modify or change the content of this document without any prior notice