The ok.- DOTA 2 Cup is coming to Singapore soon! With 2 local qualifiers and a LAN grand finals with 6 invited SEA teams, this tournament is looking to not only give amateur teams a chance, but also provide a large prize pool for competitive teams to vie for. Crowdfunding options aim to make this tournament one of the best SEA has seen.
The ok.- DOTA 2 Cup, sponsored by Swiss energy drink makers ok.- with a base prize pool of $50,000 SGD($40,000 USD), will be hosted in Singapore over the course of three months. joinDOTA will be on board as the official broadcasting partner of the event.
Image courtesy of ok-energydrink.com
The first stage of the tournament is two qualifiers held at JCube Gaming CyberCafe. One will be held on the 24-26th of October, and the second is at a TBA date near the end of November. ALL teams are invited to register. Each 32-team qualifier will consist of a round robin group stage with groups of 4 teams. The top team from each group will proceed to a single-elimination bracket with 3rd/4th placement. 2nd and 3rd place finishers will receive a small cash prize and be seeded into Season 1 of the ok.- DOTA 2 League. The winner of the tournament will earn $1000 SGD($800 USD) and qualify for the Grand Finals of the ok.- DOTA 2 Cup.
The ok.- DOTA 2 Cup Grand Finals will be held at the Suntec Convention Centre in December 2014. The 2 qualifying teams will compete against 6 teams invited from the SEA region for their share of the $50,000 SGD prize pool. The prize pool will be bolstered by crowd funding efforts.
Image courtesy of suntecsingapore.com
Of course, purchases of DOTA TV tickets will contribute 25% of the ticket price to the prize pool. FreeKnot clothing (“clothing with a cause”) will contribute 25% of the final retail price of all items sold up until December 28, 2014. Lastly, $.50 of each $2.50 purchase of ok.- energy drink from participating LAN shops will be added to the prize pool. See the crowdfunding page at okdota for details.
Despite great talent in the region such as Daryl Koh ‘iceiceice’ Pei Xiang and Yee Fung ‘Mushi’ Chai, the SEA region has not seen very many large-scale tournaments. It is the tournament organizer’s hope that this cup as well as the ok.- DOTA 2 League, which is currently planned for 4 seasons, will bring life and funds back into the SEA scene.
Can’t Say Wips
G Guard Esports
|10am||1st Match of Group stages (BO1)|
|11am||2nd Match of Group stages (BO1)|
|12pm||3rd Match of Group stages (BO1)|
|1pm||Break (Till 2pm)|
|2pm – 5pm||Winner & Loser brackets (BO3)|
|5pm||Break till 6pm|
|6pm – 9pm||Loser brackets (2nd round) (BO3)|
|10am – 1pm||Winner and Loser Bracket 3rd Round (BO3)|
|1pm – 2pm||Break|
|2pm – 5pm||Semi finals & Finals of loser brackets (BO3)|
|5pm – 6pm||Break|
|6pm – 9pm||FINALS|
Timings are for reference and estimation only as match length varies from match to match.
- December 26th-28th 2014
- Suntec Convention Centre, Singapore
- First place: $30000
- Second place: $15000
- Third place: $5000
- G Guard Gaming Esports (kyxy, Net, dabeliuteef, Ling, TFG)
- Can’t Say Wips (Godot, xMusica, r1sk, Tudi, chains)
- Aces Gaming (Secret, ToveLo, fox, KL7, NomoneyNolove)
- KS (hyhy, N.W.P., Xtinct, dy, nj)
- Mineski-Dota (Johnny, Ah Fu, Jay, Owa, RR)
- Rex Regum Qeon (Koala, Nivis, Indigo, Xing, Yabyooo)
- Insidious Idol (chibix, Ysaera, SHAGASAURUS, InsidiousC, ninjaboogie)
- First Departure E-sports Gaming (Meracle, poloson, Lubby, hana, Kai)
- 21st-23rd November 2014
- JCube Gaming Cybercafe
- 1st - SGD$1000
- 2nd – SGD$500
- 3rd – SGD$100
- 24th – 26th October 2014
- JCube Gaming Cybercafe
- 60 Orchard Rd, #B1-01/02/03, Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, Singapore
- 1st - SGD$1000 + Seeded to Grand Finals of OK DOTA 2 CUP
- 2nd – SGD$500 + Seeded to Top 8 of OK DOTA 2 League Season 1
- 3rd – SGD$100 + Seeded to Top 8 of OK DOTA 2 League Season 1
Format : 32 teams
- Group stage: 4 teams per group(4 teams x 8 groups), BO1 round robin.
- Top team from each group progresses to knock-out brackets.
- Quarter-final: BO1
- Semi Finals, 3rd/4th Placing, Finals: BO3
The organizer reserve the rights to modify or change the content of this document without any prior notice
Participants join the event on their own discretion. Any dispute please contact the organizer.